How do you convert an improper fraction to a mixed number?

To convert an improper fraction to a mixed number, you need to divide the numerator (the top number) by the denominator (the bottom number). The quotient becomes the whole number part of the mixed number, while the remainder becomes the numerator of the fractional part. The denominator remains the same. For example, if we have the improper fraction 5/2, we divide 5 by 2 to get 2 as the quotient and 1 as the remainder. So, the mixed number equivalent of 5/2 is 2 1/2.
This mind map was published on 5 December 2023 and has been viewed 71 times.

You May Also Like

How does the nursing process differ from the CJAM model?

How is narrative analysis applied in different fields?

Quais são as principais missões jesuíticas no Brasil?

How can local governments implement QR code technology?

What factors contribute to unrealistic water consumption?

How does unrealistic water consumption affect water scarcity?

What is a Just in Time (JIT) system?

How is AI currently being used in education?

How can infinity be classified or categorized?

What are the benefits of teaching computer graphics to K-12 students?

What are the basic principles of computer graphics?

What are the different methods to detect a repeating decimal?